My boys

My boys

Monday, July 25, 2011

Trains, Family, Friends, and Fun! (part 1)

It is so hard to believe that it has been over two years since we had been to California. This trip was long overdue. We only had one full weekend, that made it hard to hook up with all the family we wanted to see. We will just have to get them next time. We decided to take the train down to Cali. It was a new adventure, none of us had been on a train before. I'll take this time now to highly suggest that you take a short train ride before you tackle a 32 hour train ride with kids. LOL The trip home was not so bad now that I knew what to expect, but still very long...On the way down can you tell we just a bit excited?







These are some shots at the Portland Train Station. I thought this was funny, a random sculpture in the middle of nothing...




 My boys killing time before the long ride...


I tried to give them plenty to do, books, drawing, coloring, card games, and of course the DS.

Jared Still loves to draw!
 
  After a very long train ride, John's Dad (Butch) picked us up and took us to their house. Someone came downstairs to help us and it was about 10:30pm and dark I thought it was my sis-in-law Shannon. Boy was I wrong! It was my nice Emilee! She is so tall, I could not believe it! So after that shocker we settled in and hit the hay. We laid low the next day, and had a really nice dinner with my little brother Jason, and his lovely wife Jenn. We had made plans to go to Sea World and take Miss Emilee. She had no clue, it was a great surprise!
We also planned to spend time with my Aunt Lori, Uncle Randy and their kids at Sea World!


 Do you see what I mean about Emilee being tall?
 Me and my girls, top row left, Aunt Lori, cousin Whitney, Sister Jennifer, bottom row, Emilee, me, and cousin Kristina.
My guys! Top row, Uncle Randy, My honey JC, My bro. Jason. Bottom row, Eli, Christian, Jared, and Nick. Look out Sea World here we come!!!


 This was the dolphin show...
 And the Shamu show, with yes, Shamu and Baby Shamu...

Over all it was a great day! Hot, we got toasted! LOL! We stayed to watch the fireworks show. Who doesn't love fireworks?!


Oh yea I almost forgot! On the way to Sea World, Nick tried on Emilee's sun glasses...
Now tell me he doesn't look like Elton John LOL Bbbbenny and the Jettsss....
Ok more to come I'm tired, glad to be back...

2 comments:

  1. Emilee might be tall...but I can't believe how grown up your boys look. Nick especially!! *sigh* And you darlin, just look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I feel the same about your girls I love looking at their picts! We miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete